About Me

My photo
I'm a married mum who loves chocolate & music & having an opinion on just about everything! E-Mail summermama@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Well, I'm not a man of wealth and taste; In fact, I can't make a claim to being any one of those three things - but that song is and always has been one of my favourites, so it seemed appropriate to choose.

I'm 30 years old and I've been married for four and a half years. My husband, our baby and our dogs share a three bedroom house in East Anglia.

My husband is 31 and he's about to be made redundant. It’s charming, isn’t it, to have that knowledge without knowing when it will happen, or what will happen to him when it does happen. He may have a job with the new company taking over the well known DIY chain he currently works for; He may not. He may have a job in the current store for another day, another week, another month; There has been no official word on when the store will shut its doors for the last time. He's worked for this store for four years now - since we moved from South East London. He's good at his job - he's trained in all areas of the store - and he's well liked by other staff and customers - some of whom actively seek him out, even when he's not in uniform! Previous to this, he was pretty much a kept man for some time, as when we lived Down South I was earning a bloody good wage at my then-job - He worked part time as a kennel hand, so dogs & DIY are what my hubby knows!

Our baby is 10 months old today. He's brought so much joy and happiness to my life I cannot even begin to describe. Hubby and I tried for 18 months before I got pregnant, which was tough, especially when it seemed like everyone else I knew and saw around was either pregnant or with babies in pushchairs. Our son is laid back, gorgeous, charming and altogether delicious.

The Boy and myself enjoy lots of walks as well as car journies as our local area is quite limited when on foot and one of the joys of East Anglia - or at least where we're located - is that public transport is very limited, so very often we have to drive down lots of monotonous A roads or winding country lanes to get where we're going.

The rest of what I am planning to write about is just us, in general, life as it happens, the ups and the downs, and the bits in the middle. Would love to hear your feedback but please remember if you're offensive or plain rude then you're not welcome. I'm just a normal mum making my way in this confusing land of parenthood. And now, The Boy is requesting my attention for a nappy change and an episode of Waybuloo, so I'll sign off x

No comments:

Post a Comment